SEAL at BSC
Select Entry Accelerated Learning Program
Opportunities and Pathways for Educational Excellence
As part of our commitment to providing pathways of education excellence, Bayswater Secondary College is an accredited member of the Academy of Accredited Select Entry Schools (TAASS).
Our SEAL program is designed to cater to the needs of students with above average intellectual skills and creativity. It differs from the mainstream program by providing an accelerated pathway to VCE studies that challenges students to work with more advanced and in-depth course material in a learning environment that fosters advanced collaborative and problem solving skills.
Going further than our regular program, the SEAL program provides:
- access to advanced and increasingly complex course materials
- an enriched approach to developing higher-order thinking skills
- a focus on project-based experiential learning
- deeper academic challenge at point-of-need
- stimulating learning that fosters critical and creative thinking skills
The program is designed to enable students to undertake at least two Unit 1/2 VCE studies in Year 10, with the opportunity to undertake University level Enrichment Courses in Years 11 and 12.